Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Membership Meeting and CLE - LIVE at Gainey Ranch Golf Club
Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 11:45 AM until 1:15 PM
Gainey Ranch Golf Club
7600 Gainey Club Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Registration is required before Friday, December 10, 2021 at 12:00 PM
Payment in Full In Advance Or At Event
Please read entire confirmation email!
Please DO NOT MAIL CHECKS FOR THE LUNCHEON. Either pay in advance on the website via credit card or bring a check or cash (exact change appreciated) to the luncheon. Note: We charge $5 MORE than what the website lists to pay by check or cash at the luncheon, even if you pre-registered.
Non-members who pay via credit card will be charged a convenience fee by our website provider ($2.00 for a charge up to $50; $3 for over $50 up to 250).
Please arrive by 11:45 to check in at the registration desk. The program begins promptly at noon.
We cannot guarantee special meal requests made after the registration deadline.
This program will NOT be recorded or live streamed.
We cannot give a credit for cancellations after the registration deadline. After the deadline, we give Gainey a guarantee, and we pay for your meal whether you attend or not.
ETHICS CLE OFFERED*
Please register by Friday, December 10, 2021 at NOON
Lynda C. Shely, of The Shely Firm, PC, Scottsdale, Arizona, provides ethics advice to over 1400 law firms in Arizona and the District of Columbia. Lynda is a former president of the Scottsdale Bar and the national Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers. She currently serves on several State Bar Committees, the ABA Ethics Committee, the ABA Working Group on Lawyer Wellness, and as a member of the ABA House of Delegates. Prior to opening her own firm, she was the Director of Lawyer Ethics for the State Bar of Arizona. Prior to moving to Arizona, Lynda was an intellectual property/antitrust associate with Morgan, Lewis & Bockius in Washington, DC. She has been an adjunct professor at all three Arizona law schools, teaching professional responsibility and had the opportunity to testify before Congress regarding the regulation of lawyer advertising. Lynda is a past recipient of the Scottsdale Bar Association's Award of Excellence and the Arizona Women Lawyers Association-Maricopa Chapter's Ruth V. McGregor Award.
*The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.0 hour towards your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona, including 1.0 hours of professional responsibility.
MEMBERS, PLEASE LOG IN TO THE WEBSITE BEFORE REGISTERING TO RECEIVE MEMBER PRICING.
When registering, please indicate your choice of REGULAR entrée or VEGAN entrée.
Regular Entrée: Mushroom stuffed chicken breast - Quinoa, peas, thyme reduction (GF/DF)
Vegan Entrée: Grilled Vegetable Napoleon with green tomatillo sauce
All meals served with rolls and butter, BBQ Ranch Chopped Salad - iceberg, tomato, carrots, black beans, corn, crispy tortilla strips (GF/DF), and Chocolate Mousse - fresh raspberry sauce (GF/DF).
Share the fun! Invite a friend to experience the networking, social and educational opportunities of the Scottsdale Bar Association! Current members may invite a prospective member to attend an upcoming lunch for free. Here are the rules:
1. The guest must be eligible for membership in the Scottsdale Bar Association. See www.scottsdalebar.org, click on Membership Information, then Membership Categories.
2. The guest cannot be a former Scottsdale Bar member.
3. The guest cannot have attended lunch for free in the past.
4. The member must attend the luncheon with the guest.
5. The member must register him/herself for the luncheon, then contact Paige Martin at email@example.com with the guest’s name and email address, and choice of regular or vegan meal, so that she can register the guest. Member registration and the request for guest registration must be completed before the registration cut-off on the Friday before the luncheon, at noon.
6. The member can only invite one guest to any luncheon.
7. The member is responsible for following up with his/her guest after the luncheon to invite the guest to join Scottsdale Bar.
8. The Board of Directors reserves the right to limit the number of guests attending each luncheon.