Have you ever wondered what it takes to get a movie made? Come learn the legal process for making a movie from start to finish, including financing through distribution.
Matthew B. Wenzlau (JD, MBA) is the founder of The Wenzlau Law Group, PLLC. For over 16 years, he has concentrated in entertainment law. Matthew’s body of work includes securitization, funding, and distribution for multi-million dollar motion pictures, production counsel and producer for feature-length films and television, and general counsel for various music artists, stars, and celebrities.
From a business perspective, Matthew frequently handles multiple vendor, distributor, and supply-chain arrangements, which businesses can leverage into their daily operations. He represents clients in private disputes, arbitrations, and negotiations involving entertainment-related matters. His practice also includes legal and branding matters involving federal, state, and local regulatory agencies, including trademarks, patents, copyrights and the SEC.
Matthew serves on numerous entertainment committees on topics relating to Motion Pictures, Television, Broadcasting, E-Commerce and Music, and is a long-time member of the Recording Academy and the Country Music Association. He graduated from Baylor University with his BA, from Regent University School of Law with his JD and from Arizona State University with his MBA. He is a member of the Arizona Bar and the Tennessee Bar, as well as being admitted to practice before the Federal District Court of Arizona and the United States Tax Court.
*The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.0 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona, including 0 hour(s) of professional responsibility.
When you register, you will be asked to indicate your meal choice: simply type REGULAR, VEGETARIAN, or Gluten Free. If you require a special meal due to dietary restrictions, please type in your requirements.
Regular: Demi-Glazed Beef Tips Served with Buttered Noodles & Fresh Vegetables
Vegetarian: Buttered Noodles with Fresh Vegetables
Gluten Free: Demi-Glazed Beef Tips Served with Mashed Potatoes & Fresh Vegetables
All meals served with Mixed Greens & Romaine with Strawberries, Mandarin Oranges, Dried Cranberries, Poppy Seed Vinaigrette and Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.
Share the fun! Invite a friend to experience the networking, social and educational opportunities of the Scottsdale Bar Association! Current members may invite a prospective member to attend an upcoming lunch for free. Here are the rules:
1. The guest must be eligible for membership in the Scottsdale Bar Association. See www.scottsdalebar.org, click on Membership Information, then Membership Categories.
2. The guest cannot be a former Scottsdale Bar member.
3. The guest cannot have attended lunchfor free in the past.
4. The member must attend the luncheon with the guest.
5. The member must register him/herself for the luncheon, then contact Paige Martin at email@example.com with the guest’s name and email address, and choice of regular or vegetarian meal, so that she can register the guest. Member registration and the request for guest registration must be completed before the registration cut-off on the Friday before the luncheon, at noon.
6. The member can only invite one guest to any luncheon.
7. The member is responsible for following up with his/her guest after the luncheon to invite the guest to join Scottsdale Bar.
8. The Board of Directors reserves the right to limit the number of guests attending each luncheon.